Application

You want to play Guild Wars 2 with us?

Moderators: SOJ commander, SOJ senator, SOJ officer

Application

Postby lunapanshiel » 04 Jun 2016, 04:48

Well, I have have never been particularly good at speaking about myself, but here goes.

I'm Waning Crescent(luna_panshiel) on guild wars 2, I'm a semi-experienced and rather jaded player from release that has been offline for quite a while, I stumbled across pixie during the usual lions arch shoutfests and we had some entertaining conversation on the uses of angry bees. Sometime after i was invited to the guild hall to visit and hang out with several others(names escape me due to old person memory) and had a fairly good time

I have experience in many MMORPGs and am especially fond of varied, melting pot communities with many cultures and perspectives that foster open-mindedness and creativity(played a fully international MMO for 12 years), rather than endlessly parroting the same ideas and viewpoints.

I'm from the united states, I play on an EU server because NA servers are far too aggressively toxic for my liking, and much too closed-minded, it's simply not enjoyable being around those kinds of attitudes all the time.

I strongly value trust and respect, and have rather short patience for people that prey on the good will and trust of others, players are people, not NPCs in a game, and are deserving of every bit of respect you yourself would want, far, far too many people regard others as a means to an end rather than people who have their own needs and desires.

Mostly I'm looking for an active, but laid back community who doesn't take things overly seriously, doesn't pound on metabattle like it's a zealot's bible, and are willing to try new things, experiment and have run without ridiculous strings attached. I have no particular goals, i simply just want to enjoy doing things as they come and am quite happy as long as I'm busy rather than standing around trying to decide what to do.

If my "getting too old for this crap" introduction hasn't put you off already, I have health issues that give me quite erratic uptimes, and hearing issues that make teamspeak unusable for me(not deaf, just hard to hear clearly), needless to say i get no small amount of harrassment from guilds and groups about my hearing

I guess that's that, if you're willing to give me a shot, i hope i could contribute something worthwhile, i'd simply be happy doing whatever, heh

lunapanshiel
Shadow Lurker
Shadow Lurker

Re: Application

Postby Linda The Furious » 04 Jun 2016, 13:08

Hey Waning Crescent,

Thanks for your application to join SOJ, me or one of the other officers will contact you ingame asap :)

Linda
SOJ Leader A little something about me
Linda The Furious :human :elementalist Linda The Furrious :charr :ranger Linda The Obvious :human :mesmer
Linda The Curious :asura :thief Linda The Glorious :human :warrior Linda The Engenius :human :engineer
Linda The Malicious :sylvari :necromancer Linda The Delirious :norn :guardian
Linda The Furious
Thorium Conjurer
Thorium Conjurer

Postby Linda The Furious » 06 Jun 2016, 10:09

:welcome to SOJ Luna, looking forward to reading your intro soon :)
SOJ Leader A little something about me
Linda The Furious :human :elementalist Linda The Furrious :charr :ranger Linda The Obvious :human :mesmer
Linda The Curious :asura :thief Linda The Glorious :human :warrior Linda The Engenius :human :engineer
Linda The Malicious :sylvari :necromancer Linda The Delirious :norn :guardian
Linda The Furious
Thorium Conjurer
Thorium Conjurer

Postby Terry » 06 Jun 2016, 12:04

Welcome!
I'll try to keep your hearing problem in mind.
For posting your intro, you can copy-paste this post if you like. Well plus how you want us to call you :)
SOJ PVE Officer
Terry

Return to Membership Applications